It’s a new year, and that means it’s time to think about possible new year’s resolutions. Almost everyone has things in their life they want to change, but home improvement is always a great resolution to make in the new year. And for many, home improvement may mean upgrading their roof.
Should you replace your roof in 2022? At Divine Roofing, Inc., we highly support this resolution. Keep reading to learn more, and find out why we believe the new year is a perfect time to get a new roof.
5 Reasons to Replace Your Roof This Year
- Your Roof Is Old & Outdated: A sturdy roof can last for years, but that all depends on how well the roof has been taken care of. Asphalt shingles commonly last for up to 30 years, while wood shingles can survive for up to 25 years. Metal roofing, meanwhile, can hold for 70 years or more, and depending on the materials, you can get 50 years out of roof tiles. Broadly speaking, 50 is generally a good benchmark for roof replacement—however, that only applies if your roof has received regular inspections. If you do not know how old your roof is, or can’t remember the last time it was inspected by a professional, call Divine Roofing, Inc. today. We will be able to tell you definitively whether your roof needs to be replaced, and if it does, we can provide you with a range of stylish options to suit your aesthetic tastes.
- Your Roof Is Falling Apart: Is your roof missing shingles or tiles? Is your flashing cracking and breaking around vents or chimneys? Does your roof look saggy or rotted, or have any algae growing on top of it? And most importantly, have you noticed any visible leaks or cracks in your roof lately? If you answered yes to any of these questions, chances are there is a major problem with your roof. It’s always better to replace a roofing system sooner rather than later, so call us today to see if your property needs emergency repairs, or a complete replacement.
- You Are Renovating Your House: If you are planning on adding on to your house or renovating it significantly in the next year, it may be time to think about upgrading your roof, too. In many cases, this is necessary, as it is impossible to build a new room without considering your current roofing system. If that system is experiencing issues, it is often better to just replace the entire thing than paying for a small amount of roofing work now and a large amount later. Plus, you do not want to have a roof that does not match the rest of your house, as this will significantly drive down curb appeal. Speaking of which…
- You Are Thinking About Moving: The roof is an essential component of any residential property. As residential roofing experts, Divine Roofing, Inc. knows this firsthand, which is why we are proud to help homeowners make necessary changes before they sell their house. The truth is, no one is going to want to buy a home with an ugly roof that sticks out as an eyesore in the neighborhood. Moreover, if you move without making necessary changes to your roof, and an accident later happens involving the new homeowners, you can be held liable for not warning them about potential issues ahead of time. Replacing your roof will allow you to increase your asking price without worrying about any hidden issues down the line.
- You’re Bound to Get a Great Deal with Our Local Experts at Divine Roofing, Inc.: At Divine Roofing, Inc. we offer roof replacement designed to work for every homeowner. We promise that our roofers will be honest and upfront when it comes to any essential repairs, and if you do need to replace your roof entirely. We will work as hard as possible to find an affordable option that fits your needs. With excellent warranties and financing options, we make it easy to start the roof installation process ASAP. And because we offer materials and styles to suit everyone, it’s hard to walk away unsatisfied when you hire our experts at Divine Roofing, Inc.