Having a roof is what makes a house a home. After all, you’ve heard someone talk about “having a roof over your head” countless times—but how much do you actually know about your roof? At Divine Roofing, Inc. the goal of our certified roofing pros is to ensure every customer receives the support needed to guarantee they have a solid, long-lasting roof. Part of that is making our customers more informed, so they can better understand our services and how to spot roofing problems before they get out of control. That’s why we are answering your little-known roofing FAQs. Keep reading for part one in this series, and check our blog next month to learn more!
Answers to Five Little-Known Roofing FAQs
- How Do I Know My Roof Needs a Replacement? While there is no one specific way to know if your roof needs to be replaced, the best thing you can do is look for visible signs of damage. Curling/cracked shingles, loose flashings, broken tiles, and even dented gutters are all factors that contribute to a dilapidated roof. And while these issues individually do not mandate that you replace your roofing system, together, they create a lot of strong reasons to consider complete roof replacement.
- Which Roofing Material Is the Best? This is kind of a trick question, because there is no one kind of roofing material that is universally considered the best. Basically, it depends on the needs of the homeowner. Asphalt shingles, for instance, are lightweight, and can provide your roof with a modern, versatile look. Meanwhile, options like slate tiles tend to last the longest, while something like metal roofing tends to be very low maintenance. Again, it just depends on your own tastes and desires.
- How Can I Tell Whether Hail Has Damaged My Roof? Here in Colorado Springs, hail is one of the biggest roofing concerns for almost all homeowners. The problem is that it can be tricky for the naked eye to spot hail damage without a professional. If your home has recently experienced one or several severe hail storms, we strongly suggest you call us for a roof inspection. This will allow us to spot any hail damage and suggest repairs as needed.
- Does Leaking Always Mean I Need to Replace My Roof? The broad answer to this is no, not necessarily. The important thing is to call an experienced roofer ASAP if you spot a roof leak in your house. We know from personal experience, the sooner one of one our experts at Divine Roofing, Inc. can determine if you need roof leak repairs, the better chance you will have at saving your entire roof. Waiting to call after you have spotted the leak is just likely to make things worse, and may eventually cause major structural damage to your entire home.
- When Will My Roof Replacement by Complete? Again, there is no one specific answer to this question, though at our fastest, Divine Roofing, Inc. can complete your roof replacement in just one day. If the process does take longer than that, we will clean up our work site, secure our equipment, and cover up any open spaces to protect them from inclement weather. Our goal is always to complete your roofing job as fast as possible, and while it may take longer to finish certain replacements based on the dimensions of your property and the severity of the damage, we promise to work as efficiently as possible to guarantee you have a safe roof again before you know it!