With spring in full swing and summer just around the corner, it’s more important than every to stay on top of home maintenance. One area where the weather can have a huge negative impact on your home if you’re not careful is the roof. While most property owners associate winter as the time of year that’s the hardest on the roof, spring and summer bring their own set of challenges which are also important to account for. Keep reading to learn how to get your roof ready for the change ins seasons, and contact Divine Roofing, Inc. today for professional roofing work in Colorado Springs
Top Ways to Get Your Roof Ready for the Change in Seasons
- Clean Out Your Gutters: For some reason, many homeowners still do not think of their gutters as part of their roofing. Yet no matter what the season is, cleaning out debris from your gutters is an important part of home maintenance. Dirt, twigs, and damp leaves can cause major blockage in your gutter canal, resulting in damage to your roof and siding. You can easily do this on your own if you have a ladder, though for extra precise work or for gutters that have not been inspected in a long time you may want to hire a professional.
- Check Your Shingles: After you have successfully cleaned out your gutters, you will want to move on to your shingles. Oftentimes over winter, they will wear down, becoming broken, curled, or cracked. You should also carefully check to see if there are any nails jutting out, as this is a telltale sign your shingles may be on the verge of falling off. If your shingles look okay or have only suffered a minor amount of wear and tear, you’re probably fine to wait to inspect them again until next season. However, if you find they are damaged, it is best to call a professional roofer soon, before the damage gets any worse.
- Make Sure You Don’t Have Water Damage: Water damage from rain in the springtime or snow during the winter is one of the worst things for your roof to go through. Make sure you don’t have cracks or soft spots on your roof, and call for assistance immediately if you notice a leak. The longer you wait to deal with water damage, the greater chance there is that additional issues will occur, such as rot, or even mold and mildew. Remember, these problems do not only affect your roof, but the structural integrity of you whole house.
- Asses Your Insulation: If you have an attic, the first thing you should do when the seasons change is to analyze your insulation. If your attic is too stuffy and not properly ventilated, call a professional to inspect your roof and make sure your attic is not diverting energy from the rest of your house.
- Look for Signs of Sun Damage: While your attention may be diverted by snow or rain in the winter, as the weather gets warmer again you will definitely want to check your roof for sun damage. Bleached color, as well as crumbling or warped shingles are key signs that UV rays have been chipping away at your roof. If you notice these issues, you will want to call a roofer right away to schedule quality repair and maintenance work.
And the Final Way to Get Your Roof Ready… Call for an Inspection with Divine Roofing, Inc.!
Summer and spring are among the most important seasons to get your roof inspected. With a free roof inspection from Divine Roofing, Inc., our roofers will be able to identify any of the issues listed above and take immediate action to correct them. It’s important to take steps to keep your roof well-maintained on your own, so you don’t end up spending more on roofing service later. However, if you have not had your roof inspected in awhile, or you suspect there may be a problem which requires professional attention up there, you should call for an inspection sooner rather than later.
When inspecting your roof, we promise to look for:
- Missing, loose, or worn shingles or tile
- Discoloration of roofing shingles or panels
- Rust or loose seams on metal roofs
- Granules from shingles collecting in gutters
- Loose flashing
- Blocked roof vents
- Mold growth
- Stains or dampness on underside of roof decking
- Loose or leaking gutters
As a GAF Factory-Certified Master Elite® Roofing Contractor, Divine Roofing, Inc. offers professional, reliable, and affordable service. We have a top-rating from the Better Business Bureau, and always strive to go above and beyond for our customers, even using advanced technology to inspect your roof after a storm hits. For superior roofing work in Colorado Springs, call today, and find out why they call our services divine.
Dial (719) 497-1005 now to schedule service, or click here to fill out our contact form online.